Saturday, April 11, 2009

Anticipation for Summer and Excited by Involvement

It's been far to long.
  • Last Sunday we had our first outside community meal since last summer! Playing "500" with a bunch of middle schoolers until dark, face painting with little kids, chatting with my neighbors, loving, laughing, and living life to the fullest! It was a blast. I envision this summer being the most amazing summer of my life (Alright, getting married in June plays a large part in that one :P)
  • Community involvement with the local churches has been phenomenal! I am blown away by every group of brothers and sisters in Christ that host meals. They are so full of love and compassion. Every week I will step back and almost tear up at the site of my neighbors being drenched in God's love.
  • We had the opportunity to host 2 mission trips in the last couple months. It is so exhilarating to share an in depth explanation of our mission philosophy and involve them tangible in the patchwork of ministry that occurs here. But the awesome part is seeing young people be excited by and inspired by such a real and tangible example of living out Jesus calling on our life.
Easter tomorrow! It is my prayer the deep significance of the day will be magnified to our community by our actions and they would know the power of God's love!

No comments: